Monday, March 10, 2008

Visit from Grandpa Al and Grandma Jill

Grandpa Al and Grandma Jill arrived Friday evening for a visit. We had a busy weekend while they were here. Saturday; Al, Jill, Grant and I rode a streetcar to the French Quarter. Jeremy met us at Cafe Du Monde where we had beignets with cafe au lait (the guys) and hot chocolate (the ladies). After our delicious snack, we walked around the French Quarter and took in the sights (architecture, street performers, people, etc). Sunday after meeting, we headed to Houmas House where we toured the gardens and house. It was my second time there in two weeks, and I would definitely go back again!
Grant and Grandpa Al on the streetcar.
Streetcar
Beingets and hot chocolate made with real chocolate!

Taken in the French Quarter
Pictures from Houmas House (if you click on the pictures, you can enlarge them)











10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys take such NICE family pictures!!! Maybe it's because you have the CUTEST baby in the world in the pictures with you!! :) I thought it was nice, too, that Jeremy matched his scrubs with the background in the picture in the French Quarter. ;) (just kidding around with you, of course! :).

Those were some beautiful flowers, too! I can't believe the architecture on some of those homes, too! I'm sure it's nothing even close, but it REMINDS me of "Gone with the Wind"! ;) Thanks for sharing!

Us 4 said...

Looks like you all had a great weekend!! :) We are looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!! Maybe we could go and have some beignets too. Kisses and hugs to Little Grant. Shauna

Us 4 said...

Lisa..... The pictures are so awesome!! ;) I had a chance this afternoon to enlarge them and they are spectacular!! The grounds are gorgeous at the Houmas House!! Great place for pictures. See ya soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I love the dog in the house picture... laying in the small bit of shade that was available. Funny!

Jeff & Aleigh said...

Awesome pictures!! I love the family ones and the ones of Grant are SO adorable!! Houma's house looks amazing too!!

Ashley said...

I love the family pictures. They look wonderful! Grant is getting too big! You guys look like you had a really nice time.

Al and Jill said...

Thank you for a wonderful weekend!!The beautiful pictures tell the story of all the fun we had!!
Grant's pictures on the little bench are Awesome!! So sweet and innocent!! We miss him already.
Hug and Kisses from us everyday. We will miss seeing as often when you return to MI

The Papendorfs said...

very cute family pictures!

Jeremy and Lisa said...

Jen...Funny you should mention "Gone With The Wind". Houmas House was the inspiration for the plantation "Twelve Oaks".

Anonymous said...

Seriously!? How funny is that! Thanks for sharing that tidbit of info with me! I -- obviously -- didn't know that! :)