Monday, July 21, 2008
Things That Go Bump In The Night...
Yesterday, Jeremy started his week of nights. He works Sunday 7 AM to Monday 7 AM and then Monday through Friday, 5 PM to 7 AM. Of course, my first night with him gone I woke up at 3:00 AM and thought I heard someone in the house. I looked out the window to see if his truck was in the driveway. Once I saw that he wasn't home, I started watching the bedroom door to see if I could see someone. My active imagination made me think I could see a shadow and the bedroom door slowly opening..... I finally got my nerve worked up to move and put on my glasses (without them, things at a distance are slightly blurry). There wasn't anyone there, of course, but my heart sure was racing! I think being in a new area and different house made me hear things that weren't there! Hopefully tonight is uneventful...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OK...that story kind of creeped me out. Why? Because I've been in that SAME situation before and I know how scary it can be!!! Double check all the locks and everything tonight. It WILL be better tonight, but just double check locks anyway. ;)
Lisa, don't feel bad I would be doing the same thing. That or I would sit up 1/2 the night to make sure no on tried to get in. You guys are having way to much fun! The beaches look SOOO beautiful! How long will you be in Florida? Where about are you guys?
Thanks for a wonderful time...it just went by to quickly!! I have had those kind of nights when Jay and I were first married and he worked nights!! You think your heart is in your throat!! Jay suggested leaving the light on in your sun porch/ or pantry so you can see someone if they were in the house and your room would still be dark keeping them from seeing you. He used to do that when he lived alone!! Hope Jeremy's nights aren't to bad!!:(
Every time Ben works late or gone when I go to bed, I can't get to sleep right away either and always think I hear funny noises. You've got some beautiful pictures on here by the way!
Post a Comment